- MESSAGE FOR SERMON: Sunday, March 19, 2023, is Let It Shine. Scripture: Ephesians 5: 8-14
- FREE COVID TESTS: Free COVID tests are available. If interested they are in the small upstairs kitchen on the counter or you can see Pastor Cyd.
- LIVE YOUR FAITH: Anyone may order a tee shirt or sweatshirt with the words inspired by Mary Sue Mahan: “Live Your Faith” to be printed on it with white letters. There is a sign-up sheet in the Fellowship Hall. You provide your own tee-shirt or sweatshirt and $10 for printing cost, leave it at the Church office or give it to Penny Brubaker. Penny will get it to the printer and return it to you, usually within a week, sometimes two.
- UMCOR: The UMCOR Sunday brochures/envelopes have been placed throughout the Church for your convenience.
- The UPPER ROOM: The Upper Room daily devotional guides for March/April 2023 are available throughout the Church. Please feel free to take a copy.
- UNITED METHODIST WOMEN OF FAITH: The United Methodist Women of Faith will be having a meeting on Monday, March 27, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The topic will be Prayer and Self Denial.
- COFFEE WITH THE PASTOR: Pastor Cyd is at the Church to share a cup of coffee and conversation with anyone who wishes to join her on Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. Further, remember that Pastor Cyd welcomes your phone calls anytime, whether to make an appointment or discuss other business. Contact Pastor Cyd by phone at (517) 617-7382 or by her new email (email@example.com).
- LENT BEGINS: During Lent, every Wednesday from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in the Church library, Pastor Cyd would like to invite you to join her to view a weekly video by Max Lacota called, He Chose the Nails. The video will be followed with a discussion and prayer.
- UWF SPRING FLING 2023, SPARTA UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, SATURDAY, MARCH 18, 2023: Join us for a wonderful day of fellowship and discovery as we hear about The Migratory Farm Family: Facts and Myths. Together we will learn about the variations of lifestyles of migratory farm workers in Michigan, including the social and economic impact on West Michigan. During our keynote session, our speakers will share facts and dispel myths and stereotypes. We will also discuss the needs of the migrant workers, partnering agencies that support Migrant families in West Michigan and how to support Farmworkers in West Michigan. Enjoy devotions, a morning keynote session, tasty lunch and afternoon break-out sessions. Cost is $15. Contact Registrar Sue VanPortvliet at (616) 551-9563 or firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11th. (Penny B. has registration forms). INGATHERING: Travel-size personal care items for Migrant Farmworker families. Event is sponsored by the Midwest District United Women in Faith Team.
- CAPITAL CAMPAIGN: Just a reminder that we need to raise a minimum of $10,000 over and above our present pledges to meet the financial needs of our Building/Improvement fund and help pay for the Roof Units project. We ask those of our congregants that are financially able to consider pledging/contributing to this Capital Campaign. You can do so by either sending a note along with your periodic donation as to the additional amount that you are pledging to pay this year or by including a special donation to our Capital Campaign. Please prayerfully consider this request.
- FORK LIFTERS: Remember “Fork Lifters?” It was for any adult who could lift a fork and join together at a restaurant for food and fellowship. Do we have an interest in gathering again? Call Bev Wood at (873-4649) if I can plan on you. It was always a good time!
- SCRIPTURE READERS: Leave word with Maureen Huizing (873-0418), the Church office (873-3516) or with Pastor Cyd (517) 617-7382 if you would be willing to be our Scripture reader on one of the future Sundays. Bev Wood is scheduled for this Sunday, with Helen Pische on April 2 for Palm Sunday and Penny Brubaker on April 9 for Easter Sunday.
- CONGREGATIONAL CARE: We need volunteers to help provide food for our Church families in times of need or if you know of anyone who is in need of food. If you can help, please add your name and contact information to the Congregational Care Volunteer list in the McRae Fellowship Hall or leave your name with our Church office (873-3516). Contact Judy Kuipers (873-5879) or (231) 301-1674 if you have any questions.
- OCEANA SINGERS: Will be starting practice at the Sanctuary at Hart United Methodist Church on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, from 7:00 P.M.-8:30 P.M. and every Tuesday until their concert on Sunday, June 25, 2023. Public is welcome.
- PENTWATER’S CENTENARY UNITED WOMEN OF FAITH: Will be hosting a Lenten Brunch on Tuesday, March 28 at 10:00 A.M. at 82 S Hancock Street in Pentwater. RSVP by March 23 by calling 231-869-5900.
- CONFIRMATION RETREAT: There will be an Confirmation Retreat April 28-30 at the Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat for students 6th-12th grade. The cost is $50.00 per student. Contact Erik Bengston at (231) 869-5627 to register. If you need help with registration you can contact Judy Hazle at email@example.com.
- OFFICE HOURS: Pastor Cyd will be The Church office will be opened Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. at the Church office on Mondays and Fauna will be at the Church office Tuesday through Friday.