HART UMC E-BULLETIN
March 10, 2023
- MESSAGE FOR SERMON: Sunday, March 12, 2023, is Come To The Well. Scripture: John 4:5-42
- YOUTH REPORT: Last Sunday we had 4 team members join us for mac & cheese and hot dogs and a great game of hide and go seek.
- UMC NEWSLETTER: Pastor Cyd and Fauna will be
working on the UMC Newsletter for April.
- The UPPER ROOM: The Upper Room daily devotional guides for March/April 2023 are available throughout the Church. Please feel free to take a copy.
- UNITED METHODIST WOMEN OF FAITH: The United Methodist Women of Faith will be having a meeting on Monday, March 27, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. The topic will be Prayer and Self Denial.
- COFFEE WITH THE PASTOR: Pastor Cyd is at the Church to share a cup of coffee and conversation with anyone who wishes to join her on Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. Further, remember that Pastor Cyd welcomes your phone calls anytime, whether to make an appointment or discuss other business. Contact Pastor Cyd by phone at (517) 617-7382 or by her new email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- LENT BEGINS: During Lent, every Wednesday from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. in the Church library, Pastor Cyd would like to invite you to join her to view a weekly video by Max Lacota called, He Chose the Nails. The video will be followed with a discussion and prayer.
- UWF SPRING FLING 2023, SPARTA UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, SATURDAY, MARCH 18, 2023: Join us for a wonderful day of fellowship and discovery as we hear about The Migratory Farm Family: Facts and Myths. Together we will learn about the variations of lifestyles of migratory farm workers in Michigan, including the social and economic impact on West Michigan. During our keynote session, our speakers will share facts and dispel myths and stereotypes. We will also discuss the needs of the migrant workers, partnering agencies that support Migrant families in West Michigan and how to support Farmworkers in West Michigan. Enjoy devotions, a morning keynote session, tasty lunch and afternoon break-out sessions. Cost is $15. Contact Registrar Sue VanPortvliet at (616) 551-9563 or email@example.com by March 11th. (Penny B. has registration forms). INGATHERING: Travel-size personal care items for Migrant Farmworker families. Event is sponsored by the Midwest District United Women in Faith Team.
- REPLACING ROOF UNITS: Just a reminder that our Fellowship Hall rooftop heating and air conditioning units, along with some of its exposed ductwork had become problematic and contributing to water damage to our ceiling tile. After considering various options, our Governance Board decided to remove the existing units and rework the air duct so it is not exposed to the elements (rain & snow). We have contracted needed work for Adams Heating & Cooling who, along with Janet’s Roofing, will do the about $35,000. Fortunately, we have built up our general fund reserves to an amount that allows us to go forward with this proposal. However, in doing so, we will be using all of our Building/Improvement fund and we need to replenish it for ongoing-improvements.
- CAPITAL CAMPAIGN: Just a reminder that we need to raise a minimum of $10,000 over and above our present pledges to meet the financial needs of our Building/Improvement fund and help pay for the Roof Units project. We ask those of our congregants that are financially able to consider pledging/contributing to this Capital Campaign. You can do so by either sending a note along with your periodic donation as to the additional amount that you are pledging to pay this year or by including a special donation to our Capital Campaign. Please prayerfully consider this request.
- YOUTUBE: Sunday’s YouTube included Pastor Cyd’s sermons are available on YouTube. If you have YouTube access, just search Hart United Methodist Church and Pastor Cyd’s sermon comes up without the rest of the service, though Gayle Forner’s guitar rendition of her sermon. Worth watching if you missed it!
- FORK LIFTERS: Coming soon. Contact Bev Wood if you have questions and for more information.
- GREAT NEWS!! Thea has switched Pastor Cyd, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Fauna, (email@example.com) and the Church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with new email addresses that are easy to remember. Thea has also created a new Hart United Methodist Church website. For those of you who join us online the donation page is working. There is also an on-line form to add and update the directory. The Facebook page has also been updated. Please check out the new website and Facebook, like it, share it and add in prayer requests.
- SCRIPTURE READERS: Leave word with Maureen Huizing (873-0418), the Church office (873-3516) or with Pastor Cyd (517) 617-7382 if you would be willing to be our Scripture reader on one of the future Sundays. Gayle Forner is scheduled for this Sunday, with Chris Jensen on March 5 and Maureen Huizing on March 12.
- CONGREGATIONAL CARE: We need volunteers to help provide food for our Church families in times of need or if you know of anyone who is in need of food. If you can help, please add your name and contact information to the Congregational Care Volunteer list in the McRae Fellowship Hall or leave your name with our Church office (873-3516). Contact Judy Kuipers (873-5879) or (231) 301-1674 if you have any questions.
- OCEANA SINGERS: Will be starting practice at the Sanctuary at Hart United Methodist Church on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, from 7:00 P.M.-8:30 P.M. and every Tuesday until their concert on Sunday, June 25, 2023. Public is welcome.
- PENTWATER’S CENTENARY UNITED WOMEN OF FAITH: Will be hosting a Lenten Brunch on Tuesday, March 28 at 10:00 A.M. at 82 S Hancock Street in Pentwater. RSVP by March 23 by calling 231-869-5900.
- OFFICE HOURS: Pastor Cyd will be The Church office will be opened Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. at the Church office on Mondays and Fauna will be at the Church office Tuesday through Friday.